- G. Alexander Patterson, MD, FRCSC, Evarts A. Graham Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri
- Joel D. Cooper, MD, FRCS, Professor of Surgery, Chief, Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Jean Deslauriers, MD, FRCSC, Professor, Department of Surgery, Laval University Faculty of Medicine, Chief, Thoracic Surgery Division, Center of Pneumology, Laval Hospital, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Antoon (Toni) E. M. R. Lerut, MD, PhD, Professor of Surgery, Catholic University Leuven, Chairman, Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
- James D. Luketich, MD, Henry T. Bahnson Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Director, Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery Institute, Chief, Division of Thoracic and Foregut Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Thomas W. Rice, MD, Daniel and Karen Lee Chair in Thoracic Surgery, Head, Section of General Thoracic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Professor of Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medic, Cleveland, Ohio
Published as two individual books in its previous editions, this acclaimed reference now comes to you as one comprehensive two-volume resource, covering the entire range of esophageal and thoracic surgery for adults and children. Sixty nine brand-new chapters and 92 new authors deliver state-of-the-art, clear how-to-do-it guidance on the latest surgical techniques for the treatment of lung infections, lung cancer, benign conditions, trauma, reflux, and more-so you can effectively manage every common and uncommon condition you encounter. A new full-color design presents outstanding visual guidance that shows you exactly how to proceed, and a logical organization throughout makes reference easy. As an Expert Consult title, this thoroughly updated 3rd edition comes with access to the complete contents online, fully searchable-enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
New to this Edition
- Addresses all surgical diseases of the chest wall, chest cavity, upper airway, lungs, pleura, and diaphragm in adults and children, giving you the comprehensive coverage you need for the patients you see.
- Presents clinical commentary at the end of each chapter that offers you a variety of viewpoints regarding the pros, cons, and complications associated with the techniques used to treat a patient.
- Comes to you as one complete resource featuring current, comprehensive coverage on all aspects of thoracic and esophageal surgery.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult both volumes rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Presents the newest surgical management techniques, including endoscopy and re-operative and reconstruction procedures for diseases involving the lungs, pleura, chest wall, mediastinum, esophagus, and diaphragm.
- Includes 69 brand-new chapters that keep you on the cusp of the latest techniques and procedures.
- Offers the expertise of 92 new authors who offer you their proven approaches to the latest techniques.
- Discusses the hottest topics in the field such as interventional bronchoscopy for the management of airway obstruction, bronchoplastic techniques, laparoscopic gastroplasty, minimally invasive esophagectomy, and many more.
- Presents a reorganized layout, with relevant anatomy and imaging at the start of each section, providing you with all the knowledge and background you need for each anatomic region covered.
- Features an all-new full-color design and illustrations-including 300 new images-that illuminate every concept and highlight important anatomical details.