- Mark Dutton, PT, Allegheny General Hospital, West Penn Allegheny Health System ( WPAHS), Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Duquesne University, School of Health Sciences, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A complete evidence-based textbook and reference for physical therapy students and practitioners
Dutton’s Orthopaedic Examination, Evaluation, and Interventionprovides you with a systematic, logical approach to the evaluation and intervention of the orthopedic patient. Comprehensive and up-to-date, Dutton’s strikes the perfect balance in its coverage of examination and treatment.
For any intervention to be successful, an accurate diagnosis must be followed by a carefully planned and specific rehabilitation program to both the affected area and its related structure. This approach must take into consideration the structure involved and the stage of healing. Dutton’s Orthopaedic Examination, Evaluation, and Intervention emphasizes the appropriate use of manual techniques and therapeutic exercise based on these considerations. The correct applications of electrotherapeutic and thermal modalities are outlined throughout as adjuncts to the rehabilitative process.
The content reflects the consistent, unified voice of a single author – a prominent practicing therapist who delivers step-by-step guidance on the examination of each joint and region. This in-depth coverage leads you logically through systems review and differential diagnosis, aided by decision-making algorithms.
- NEW full-color illustrations of anatomy and treatment and evaluation procedures
- Review Q&A for each chapter
- Companion DVD includes 500 illustrative video clips
- Chapters updated to reflect the latest research and treatment techniques