- Regis J. O’Keefe, MD, PhD , Professor and Chair , Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs , Department of Orthopaedics , University of Rochester Medical Center , Rochester, New York
- Joshua J. Jacobs, MD , William A. Hark, MD/Susanne G. Swift Professor and Chairman , Department of Orthopaedic Surgery , Rush University Medical Center , Chicago, Illinois
- Constance R. Chu, MD , Albert B. Ferguson Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery , Professor of Bioengineering , Vice Chair for Translational Research , Director, Cartilage Restoration Center , Department of Orthopaedic Surgery , University of Pittsburgh , Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Thomas A. Einhorn, MD , Chairman , Department of Orthopaedic Surgery , Boston University Medical Center , Boston, Massachusetts
Build your Foundation of Basic Science – from Research to Clinical Application
A great tool for MOC preparation! A ‘must have’ for residency!
Area of Focus: General Orthopaedics and Resident Information
ORS Members! Please contact AAOS Customer Service to ensure your exclusive member price. Call 1-800-626-6726 or +1-847-823-7186.
The new, fourth edition of Orthopaedic Basic Science, developed in partnership with the Orthopaedic Research Society, is your concise and clinically relevant resource for the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and conditions.
This completely rewritten edition explains the functions and limitations of the science behind the decisions, treatments, and procedures you perform in your practice every day. Use it to build and reinforce your foundation of knowledge for applying advances in scientific discovery to your decision-making in the clinic and the OR.
The new Clinical Science section covers ethics in research, evidence-based medicine, defining and using best-practice in orthopaedic decision-making, interpreting and evaluating clinical studies and more.
- Basic Principles of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physiology of Musculoskeletal Tissues
- Basic Principles and Treatment of Musculoskeletal Disease
- New! Clinical Science