- Raashid Luqmani, DM, FRCP, FRCPEdin , Professor of Rheumatology, NIHR Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, University of Oxford and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and Oxford University, Oxford, UK ;
- James Robb, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, FRCPEdin, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh; Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK;
- Daniel Porter, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Tr & Orth) , Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Benjamin Joseph, MBBS, MS(Orth), MCh(Orth), Professor of Orthopaedics and Head of Paediatric Orthopaedic Service, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka State, India
Winner of the prize for New Edited Book at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors’ Medical Book Awards, this textbook for medical students covers orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology in one volume. It offers both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these specialties and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The book offers a standard approach to history taking and physical examination, and relevant anatomy, highlighting the reasons for the different approaches within each specialty as required.
New to This Edition
- New chapters on sports and exercise related problems in adults, adolescents and children
- A new restructured section on fractures pulls together the text into a more logical presentation of the subject
- Additional emphasis on the multi-professional team approach to the management of musculoskeletal disorders
- An update of the therapeutics in all chapters.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!