- O. James Garden, BS MB ChB MD FRCS(Glas) FRCS(Ed) FRCP(Ed) FRACS(Hon) FRCScan(Hon), Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK
- Rowan W Parks, MB GCh BAO MD FRCSI FRCS(Ed), Professor of Surgical Sciences, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK.
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- The contents highlight the increasing use of laparoscopic surgical technique in the management of HPB disease.
- The contributions incorporate the latest oncological approaches to the management of HPB malignancy.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.