- S. Michael Griffin MD FRCS (Editor),
- Simon A. Raimes MD FRCS FRCS (Ed) (Editor),
- Jonathan Shenfine (Editor)
Oesophagogastric Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- This revised edition takes full account of the advances in the roles of endoscopic and laparoscopic investigation, management and the treatment of benign and malignant oesophagogastric disease.
- Key areas of evolving oesophagogastric practice are reflected in state of the art chapters from authors in the United States, Japan and Australia.
- Over half of the chapters have been updated to reflect the latest opinions on complicated and rapidly changing disciplines in endoscopic and open surgery.