- James P. Waddell, A. J. Latner Professor and Chairman, Orthopaedic Division, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Fractures of the Proximal Femur: Improving Outcomes, by Dr. James P. Waddell, helps you maximize clinical outcomes when addressing the challenges, complications, and treatment of patients with hip fractures. Match pre-operative assessment, surgical techniques, post-operative management, and more to the specific lifestyle factors of each patient in order to achieve optimal results. Apply state-of-the-art techniques and protocols with the visual help of operative videos as well as more than 500 surgical line drawings and photographs in print and online at www.expertconsult.com.
- See how to perform each technique step by step with operative videos and online access at www.expertconsult.com.
- Review surgical techniques such as pinning, plating/intramedulary devices, and total hip replacement implants, and get a greater understanding of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism prevention.
- Brush up on related topics including epidemiology, osteoporosis, co-morbidities, evidence-based post-op, and rehabilitation protocols.
- Get the advice of expert contributors worldwide who detail best practices in prophylaxis, surgical technique, and rehabilitation.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!