- Jonathan D. Beard, BSc, ChM, FRCS, Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Sheffield Vascular Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
- Peter A. Gaines, MRCP, FRCR, Consultant Vascular Radiologist, The Sheffield Vascular Unit, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
The eight titles comprising the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice eLibrary provide surgeons in higher training with access to a complete electronic reference source of the most current information on recent developments, the latest management issues and operative procedures in each of the major general surgical sub-specialties. Each of the titles are thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based data.
In order to meet the increasing interest in Evidence-Based Medicine the eBook cites wherever available the meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials, systematic literature reviews and observational studies and have identified key references within the text that support evidence-based practice. Text sections and references are highlighted using a ‘scalpel code’ to indicate the presence of evidence for the interventional procedures under discussion, and the reference lists are linked where available to Medline citations.
New to This Edition
- This new Fourth Edition is presented in colour throughout, including colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout.
- The entire contents have been comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
- An expanded group of authors provides an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
- Purchase of a print copy includes a downloadable version of the eBook which you can also access on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
- In addition the books are available for purchase as a single volume or as part of a set of all eight volumes in an elegant slipcase.
- The extensively revised contents are in line with recently published evidence such as the Trans-Atlantic Inter-Society Consensus (TASC) II Guidelines
- Reflects the continuing move towards non-invasive imaging, medical therapy and endovascular techniques
- Includes a new chapter on the medical treatment of chronic lower limb ischaemia
- A new chapter on central and peripheral access
- Reflecting the collaborative nature of modern vascular services many of the chapters are co-authored by a vascular surgeon and a vascular radiologist.
- The eBook gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major general surgical sub-specialty.
- Each title in the series is illustrated with colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout the text.
- Throughout the eBook there are highlights of evidence-based practice both in the text and also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter
- All the reference lists are linked where available to Medline citations (including authors, title, source, and often an abstract) to journal articles and an indication of free electronic full-text availability
- The eBook lets you customize your page views and search in the eBook or across any titles in the eLibrary in your collection.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!