- Uwe Vieweg, Clinic for Spinal Surgery, Sana Hospital Rummelsberg, Schwarzenbruck, Germany
- Frank Grochulla, Department for Spinal Surgery, Hospital for Orthopaedics, Trauma Surgery and Spinal Surgery, Euromed Clinic, Fürth, Germany
This manual of spine surgery has become necessary as a consequence of the rapid expansion of instrumented spine surgery using different minimally invasive and non-fusion techniques. To do justice to this development, the manual aims to present the different techniques to spinal surgeons (orthopaedic and neurosurgeons) in a clear and instructive way using detailed illustrations. The description of different open, less invasive or minimally invasive techniques will provide the spinal surgeon with useful guidelines for their use. The success of any spinal operation depends on good definition of the indications, consideration of the contraindications, technical and organisational factors, good operating technique and correct preoperative preparation and positioning of the patient. These points are presented in this book as clearly as possible and are illustrated with detailed high quality artwork.
- Practical manual with step-by-step instructions
- Added value through high-end illustrations
- Covers the latest developments in spinal instrumentation and implants