- Mark D. Miller, MD, Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Head, Division of Sports Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; Team Physician, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
- Jennifer Hart, MPAS, PA-C, ATC, Preceptor, Physician Assistant Orthopaedic Residency Program, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
- John M. MacKnight, MD, Associate Professor, Clinical Internal Medicine, Associate Professor, Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics, Division of Sports Medicine, Co-Medical Director & Primary Care Team Physician, University of Virginia Sports Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
With an estimated 40 million Americans dealing with musculoskeletal disorders, it’s likely that many of these patients will turn to you first for treatment. Now, it’s easier than ever to enhance your orthopaedic knowledge and skills…so you can manage more of these problems in your practice! Noted authority Mark D. Miller, MD, together with a stellar editorial team and numerous contributors representing a breadth of specialty areas within orthopaedics and primary care, offers you the comprehensive, multidisciplinary insight you need to confidently diagnose and treat sprains, fractures, arthritis and bursitis pain, and other musculoskeletal problems, or refer them when appropriate. Videos on DVD demonstrate how to perform 29 joint injections, 7 common physical examinations, a variety of tests, and 6 splinting and casting procedures. Online, in print, and on DVD, the new Essential Orthopaedics equips you to conquer the MSK challenges you’ll see more and more in everyday practice.
- Includes online access via expertconsult.com, enabling you to search the complete contents of the text, perform quick searches, and download all of the images.
- Presents multidisciplinary coverage that provides authoritative orthopaedic guidance oriented towards the practical realities of primary care practice.
- Offers videos on DVD demonstrating how to perform 29 joint injections, 7 common physical examinations, a variety of tests, and 6 splinting and casting procedures.
- Features templated chapters containing procedural and non procedural sections in a bulleted format that makes finding the guidance you need quick and easy.
- Uses a joint-by-joint organization that provides a close look into regions of the body that are closely related and helps you diagnose more efficiently.
- Contains standard chapter elements such as ICD-9 codes, physical examination, diagnostic imaging, additional tests, differential diagnosis, treatment, patient instructions—and many more—providing all the answers you need on 300 conditions.
- Includes key concepts, clearly depicted in color images and drawings that help you make decisions with exact visual guidance.