- Steve Yentis, Consultant Anaesthetist, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
- Surbhi Malhotra, Consultant Anaesthetist, St Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
Analgesia, Anaesthesia and Pregnancy focuses on pre-empting problems and maximising quality of care. Every chapter of this well-established practical guide has been completely updated and revised, retaining the concept and layout of previous editions. All aspects of obstetric medicine relevant to the anaesthetist are covered, from pre-pregnancy management to conception, throughout pregnancy, to postnatal care. Over 150 potential complications are each covered in two sections: issues raised and management options, with key points extracted into boxes for quick reference. A section on organisational aspects such as record keeping, training, protocols and guidelines makes this an important resource for any labour ward or hospital dealing with pregnant women. Presented in a clear, structured format, this practical summary will be invaluable to anaesthetists at any stage of their career who encounter obstetrics patients. Also highly beneficial for obstetricians, neonatologists, midwives, nurses and operating department practitioners wishing to extend or update their knowledge.
- Concise style with bullet points and key references in a clear and consistent layout
- Potential problems and pitfalls for each clinical situation are highlighted
- Covers all aspects of obstetric medicine relevant to the anaesthetist � from conception to postnatal care