- Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Director, Headache and Pain Center, Leawood, KS; Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO
Bolster your knowledge of minimally invasive techniques and add new procedures to your repertoire with the third edition of the Atlas of Interventional Pain Management. Noted authority Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD provides consistent, concise, and clear advice on the safest, most clinically sound techniques. All chapters—including 20 new ones—feature CPT codes for each procedure, indications, relevant anatomy, technique, side effects and complications, and clinical pearls. The full-color illustrations and procedural videos on DVD ensure that you have the detailed guidance you need to provide your patients with the safest and most effective treatment.
New to This Edition
- Covers new developments and recent advances in 20 new chapters on radiofrequency lesionings, decompression techniques, compression techniques, nerve blocks, percutaneous discectomies, percutaneous kyphoplasty, sacral nerve stimulation, cervical cordotomy, and dorsal root entry zone (DREZ) lesioning techniques.
- Incorporates updates on the most current procedural information, including additional fluoroscopic images that demonstrate the use of this promising modality for guiding needle and catheter placement.
- Includes 10-15 videos on DVD, each 5-10 minutes in length, that demonstrate interventional pain procedures, as well as preparation of the patient, alternate approaches, and indications and contraindications.
- Covers every standard interventional procedure performed in clinical practice today, giving you all the guidance you need to implement safe, effective treatments to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Provides lavish, detailed illustrations that highlight the key steps in each procedure to help you integrate interventional techniques into your practice.
- Pairs line drawings with CT, MR and/or radiographic images to illustrate relevant points in the text.
- Features step-by-step instructions, full-color anatomical diagrams, CPT codes, and clinical pearls—for every procedure— making it quick and easy for you to find the answers you need so you can maximize your success rate and reduce complications while.