- Igor Safonov, Centre of Scars Treatment and Correction, Dr. Bogomolets’ Institute of Dermatocosmetology, Kiev, Ukraine
This atlas is a comprehensive guide to the treatment and correction of scars. It is divided into four sections covering the different types of scar: atrophic and stretch marks, keloid and hypertrophic, normotrophic, and mixed. For each scar type, the various invasive and minimally invasive procedures and their results are documented with the aid of numerous high-quality photographs. In the section on keloid and hypertrophic scars, treatment is presented according to scar localization. In addition, the influence of etiology on treatment is considered, with distinction between scars due to injuries, animal bites, inflammatory diseases (including acne and varicella), and burns. Care is taken to distinguish between approaches suitable for fresh scars (in the inflammation, proliferation, and maturation phases) and those appropriate for scars present for more than one year. Potential adverse effects and complications of treatment are also explored.
- Comprehensive guide to the treatment and correction of scars
- Numerous photographs documenting treatment stages and outcomes
- Assesses treatment efficacy and expediency
- Covers potential adverse effects and complications