- Cicero Urban, Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Division, Breast Unit, Hospital Nossa Senhora das Graças, Positivo University, Curitiba, Brazil
- Mario Rietjens, Director, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery combines the most up-to-date techniques in plastic surgery with surgery for breast cancer, providing optimal oncologic and aesthetic results by means of a single procedure. In recent years, it has attracted widespread attention worldwide and is now being used ever more frequently and for a wider range of indications.
This book demonstrates why oncoplastic surgery represents such an exciting tool for surgeons who undertake breast surgery. Fundamental principles and basic concepts are clearly outlined, and diverse techniques are presented by acknowledged experts from across the world. The emphasis is very much on a “how to do” approach, with detailed guidance and advice on the various techniques. The informative text is supported by a wealth of color illustrations, and accompanying videos of procedures are available via the publisher’s website.
Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery will serve as an ideal reference work that will help surgical fellows and specialists to learn about indications and selection of patients, to master technical skills, and to manage complications effectively.
- “How-to-do” approach to the techniques employed in oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Detailed guidance and advice from international experts
- Ideal reference work for surgical fellows and specialists
- Additional Extra Material