- Babak Kateb
- John D. Heiss
Nanoneuroscience, nanoneurosurgery, and nanobioelectronics have the potential to revolutionize medicine and improve the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disorders over the next 10-20 years. The Textbook of Nanoneuroscience and Nanoneurosurgery presents a state-of-the-art review of the field, providing current information about nanoplatforms and their use in neurosurgery, neurology, neuroscience, and neuroradiology.
The text also reviews the latest regulatory guidelines that influence the translation of nanotechnological research from the laboratory to the clinic, as well as the most recent information on biodevices and pharmaceutical spinoffs. It highlights presidential and congressional initiatives and programs that may significantly impact the field in the near future. Chapters discuss the latest science and technologies—which are applied to diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders—as well as regulatory issues that impact product development.
This volume describes advances that have already been translated to the clinic or hold significant promise for future application in nanoneurosurgery, as well as their potential impact. A full-color text, the book contains contributions by more than 120 researchers, original and descriptive illustrations, and more than 3,000 references. Offering broad coverage of nanotechnological applications in diverse areas and addressing FDA regulation and healthcare policy, this volume provides a foundation of ideas and methods for scientists and physicians to devise successful, less invasive procedures for future treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Presents state-of-the-art reviews, techniques, and methodologies in the field of nanoneurosurgery
- Discusses nanoplatforms and their use in neurosurgery, neurology, neuroscience, and neuroradiology
- Covers applications of nanotechnology in neurology, including neurodegenerative disorders, autoimmune disorders, neuro-oncology, neurorehabilitation, neurotrauma, and spinal disorders
- Describes current clinical trials and practices
- Addresses safety concerns, FDA regulations, and strategies to reduce toxicity
- Discusses the role of US Congressional policies and the impact of the BRAIN initiative by President Obama on nanoneuroscience and nanoneurosurgery
- Provides a full-color text with more than 3,000 references
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!