- Timothy J Gardner MD, William Maul Measey Professor of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Chief, Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Thomas L Spray MD, Alice Langdon Warner Professor of Surgery, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Division Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Previous editions of this book (formerly published in the Rob & Smith Series) have established it as the pre-eminent guide to operative surgery of the heart and great vessels. This new edition recognizes the increasing subspecialization in surgery by positioning the book for the specialist cardiac surgeon. The work is a major revision edited by two well-respected American surgeons and includes a host of prestigious international contributors.
The scope of the book is fully up-to-date with modern practice, including descriptions of minimally invasive and ‘off-pump’ procedures.
Each procedure is illustrated by a series of step-by-step full colour line illustrations of exceptional quality – consistently cited in market research as the best method of demonstrating surgical method – with detailed notes on operative technique. Additional text describes the principles and justification of choosing each procedure, preoperative assessment and preparation including anaesthetic aspects, postoperative care and outcomes.
The book is a gold standard teaching aid on operative cardiac surgery for residents and trainees and an invaluable reference for experienced cardiothoracic surgeons approaching unfamiliar or uncommon procedures.
- Fully updated and revised throughout
- Excellent line illustrations, now in full colour throughout, guide the surgeon through complex procedures
- Internationally eminent editors and contributors
- The ‘gold standard’ text of operative cardiac surgery
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!