- Seth Thaller, Chief and Professor, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Jackson Memorial Hospital and University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, USA
- Zubin Panthaki, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery The DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery University of
Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Breast augmentation has been the most frequently performed surgery in the United States for a number of years, and it is also one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries internationally. When taking into account reconstruction after disease, this is an area of immense relevance to all plastic surgeons. This high-profile area can also have important implications for a patient’s self-image and self-esteem. Management of both reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the breast involves a myriad of options. Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery assists the plastic surgeon in navigating this unique terrain. Each chapter analyzes specific clinical issues that are frequently encountered in the plastic surgeon’s practice, with the goal of providing clear and contemporary information detailing available aesthetic and reconstructive alternatives for surgery involving the breasts.
Key topics in the book include:
- Preoperative considerations
- Congenital breast anomalies
- Reconstruction as part of cancer treatment
- Breast reduction
- Secondary procedures
- Long-term results
- Male breast surgery
- Office procedural issues, such as billing and coding
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!