- Anthony R. Mundy, MS, FRCP, FRCS Professor of Urology, Institute of Urology and Nephrology, University Col lege Hospital, London, UK
- John M. Fitzpatrick, MCh, FRCSI, FRC(Urol), FRCSGlas, FRCS Professor of Surgery, Surgical Professorial Unit, University College Dublin, Ireland
- David E. Neal, FMed Sci, MS, FRCS Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, School of Surgical and Reproductive Science, University of Cambridge, UK
- Nicholas J. R. George, MD, FRCS Consultant Urologist, Withington Hospital, and Senior Lecturer, Department of Urology, University Hospitals of South Manchester, UK
Written specifically for urological trainees by a distinguished team of contributors, this third edition of The Scientific Basis of Urology provides the reader with a thorough coverage of urology. Every area, function, illness and treatment of the urinary tract, along with specific discussions of the relevant anatomy and physiology, is included in clearly written text, abundantly illustrated with full color photographs and diagrams. Each chapter takes the basic principles of its topic area and expands upon them to ensure maximum understanding.
Entirely new chapters in the Third Edition:
- Genetic and Biological Alterations in Cancer
- The Scientific Basis of Male Hypogonadism
- Minimally Invasive Technologies in the Treatment of Renal and Prostate Cancer
- Preoperative Assessment
- Presents basic science principles as a foundation to understanding the clinical aspects of urology
- Contains illustrations, graphs, and pictures that support the clearly written text
- Supplies the fundamental knowledge required for urologic training
- Provides an easy to use index that allows you to quickly find specific topics in the text and references at the end of each chapter
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!