- Malcolm F Macnicol MBChB, BSc(Hons), FRCS, MCh, FRCS Ed (Orth), FRCP, Dip Sports Med Formerly Senior Orthopaedic Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh, and Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Royal Hospital of Sick Children and Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, UK
- Franky Steenbrugge MD, PhD, MchOrth, FRCS Ed is Professor in Orthopaedics, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Ghent University Hospital, University of Ghent, Belgium
A fully updated edition of the classic text on the knee, The Problem Knee, Third Edition is highly illustrated in colour and offers a fundamental approach to dealing with soft-tissue and skeletal disorders of the knee. The book focuses on younger patients, rather than degenerative conditions, covering both injuries and congenital abnormalites.
The crucial skills of accurate history-taking, clinical examination, investigation and modern surgical management are the focus throughout. From this framework, the latest techniques in imaging and arthroscopic procedures, rehabilitation methods and ligament reconstruction are discussed, plus indications for techniques such as meniscal suturing and osteochondral grafting.
- A logical, systematic approach
- Clear line drawings to illustrate examination methods
- Scans and x-rays to help you identify injuries and problems
- Over 500 references
- Contains clear two-color illustrations of clinical examination techniques in addition to photos
- Written with an international perspective
- Reflects the continuing advancements in the treatment of knee problems, especially in younger patients.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!