- Michael Lim, MD, assistant professor of Neurosurgery and Oncology at Johns Hopkins University.
- Wesley Hsu, MD, assistant professor of Neurosurgery and Oncology at Johns Hopkins University.
- Daniele Rigamonti, MD,professor of Neurosurgery and Radiology at Johns Hopkins University and Director of Stereotactic Radiosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Lawrence Kleinberg, MD, associate professor of Radiation Oncology and Neurologic Surgery at Johns Hopkins University.
Handbook of Radiosurgery in CNS Disease is a concise and practical manual offering radiation oncology, neurology, and neurosurgery residents, trainees, fellows, and clinicians up-to-date information on the role of radiosurgery within the overall context of CNS disease management.
The emphasis is on decision making and the evaluation of radiosurgery as a viable option among the suite of potentially applicable treatments, including frame-based systems, non-invasive body immobilization, and image-guided targeting. The book examines radiosurgery as a treatment modality for various CNS pathologies, discussing relevant radiobiology, current technology, and the technical aspects of specific procedures. Chapters organized by pathology provide practical coverage of clinical evaluations, patient selection and management decision-making, and relevant points in radiosurgical applications for the entity under discussion. Pertinent cases are presented to demonstrate the process for each treatment paradigm.
A unique collaboration of editors with an international reputation for excellence in radiation oncology, vascular neurosurgery, and neurosurgical oncology will offer insights into the role of radiosurgery in the entire central nervous system (i.e. both brain and spine).
Handbook of Radiosurgery in CNS Disease Features:
- Practical focus on key clinical issues in radiosurgery of CNS disease: patient selection, radiosurgery in context with other modalities, pitfalls
- Coverage of cranial and extracranial disease
- Relevant cases illustrate discussion of each treatment paradigm
- Outstanding editorial team
- Concise format makes for an easy review or quick reference, in contrast to large texts
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!