- Brian Pollard, B Pharm MB ChB MD FRCA, Professor of Anaesthesia, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
The Handbook of Clinical Anaesthesia has been completely updated for this new edition, providing trainee anaesthetists with a concise but comprehensive source of clinical information, and qualified anaesthetists with an indispensable aide. Written and edited by experts in the field, this compact but detailed text provides all the essential practical knowledge required by anaesthetists on co-existing medical conditions, operative procedures, and techniques.
The handbook is presented in Parts 1 to 3. The first part covers Patient Conditions; the second part Surgical Procedures; and the third part Anaesthetic Factors. Each part is subdivided into sections on each organ system, and each section is divided into chapters. These chapters are in alphabetical order, and cover all common and rare conditions that anaesthetists will encounter within their practice.Trainees will find this book to be an excellent general guide, but in particular a provider of reliable information in preparation for examination as well as teaching clinical technique and practice.
- Contains fully updated content to reflect the FRCA examinations, as well as the European Diploma
- Includes updated references, further reading, and glossary
- Supported by explanatory diagrams throughout the text
- Uses a unique “problem-orientated” approach