- Peter L Reilly MD BMedSc FRACS is Professor and Director of Neurosurgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
- Ross Bullock MD PhD is Reynolds Professor in the Harold F Young Department of Neurological Surgery, Medical College of Virginia, USA
Traumatic brain injury is one of the most difficult and challenging management problems facing clinicians. Research is increasingly clarifying the underlying physiological mechanisms involved in neuronal damage, offering the chance of better methods of diagnosis and treatment.
This second edition of Head Injury contains detailed coverage of basic mechanisms and investigations, and has been fully revised and updated with increased clinical content and particular emphasis on the fast-moving areas of neuromonitoring and neuroprotection.
The book provides a complete management framework for traumatic brain injury, with sections on the mechanisms of injury, measuring and monitoring the injury, and treatment. New chapters include pediatric head injury, missile wounds, outcome prediction and brain death, and detailed guidelines-based management algorithms are provided in the appendices.
- Increased clinical content is supported by detailed coverage of basic sciences
- Written by experts from major international head injury centers
- Integrated color illustrations in the pathology chapter, and a color plate section