- Joanna Chikwe, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, US
- David Cooke, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, US
- Aaron Weiss, PGY2 Resident in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Centre, New York, US
Cardiothoracic Surgery covers all areas of adult and paediatric, cardiac and thoracic surgery and intensive care. This new edition, with updated cardiac surgery and thoracic sections, provides on-the-spot guidance to common and less common operative procedures.
Every chapter is divided into topics presented across two pages to enable easy reference, with pages on intensive care edged in red for immediate access. Completely updated with current evidence and guidelines, the book is practically oriented to provide reliable guidance in intensive care and in theatre. Fully indexed and lavishly illustrated, the book is a must for anyone seeking a comprehensive yet portable guide to all areas of cardiothoracic surgical practice.
- Covers all areas of adult and paediatric cardiac and thoracic surgery
- Includes an intensive care section banded in red for immediate access
- Completely rewritten thoracic section with enhanced practical detail
- Features over 140 purpose-drawn line drawings to clearly illustrate practical procedures
- Fully updated to reflect current evidence and guidelines
New to this edition
- Revised throughout to reflect the latest guidelines and evidence
- Completely rewritten thoracic section with a greater level of practical detail, particularly in clinical decision-making and operative technique
- Updated cardiac surgery section featuring increased use of the evidence base