- William Simpson, Anaesthetist at North Western Deanery, Manchester, UK.
- Andrew Davies, Trainee Anaesthetist at North Western Deanery, Manchester, UK.
- Peter Frank, Trainee Anaesthetist at North Western Deanery, Manchester, UK.
- Simon Maguire, Consultant Anaesthetist at North Western Deanery, Manchester, UK.
Are you frustrated by the lack of lack of quality, up-to-date revision material for the Primary FRCA OSCE examination? The answer is here. Primary FRCA: OSCEs in Anaesthesia provides candidates with over 80 practice OSCE stations presented in the style of the Royal College exam. Covering the main OCSE categories such as physical examination, resuscitation and simulation, anaesthetic hazards, and equipment, this book will help candidates prepare for the exam and test their knowledge. Each station is constructed in clear and logical fashion to make the revision of individual topics more accessible. The sample questions and answers allow self-testing and are complemented by discussions, numerous illustrations and up-to-date clinical guidelines which follow modern-day anaesthetic practice. With more candidates now failing the OSCE component of the exam, Primary FRCA: OSCEs in Anaesthesia is a must-have for trainees and tutors preparing for the primary FRCA.
- Written from the authors’ own (successful) OSCE experiences
- The book is laid out into subject chapters so that candidates may focus their revision by topic or choose a number of stations for a full simulated OSCE
- Communication and history chapters use role play exercises for a more realistic OSCE experience