- Peggy A. Seidman is Clinical Associate Professor and Division Chief of Pediatric Anesthesia, Departments of Anesthesiology and Pediatrics, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY, USA.
- David Goldenberg is Associate Professor of Surgery and Oncology, Director of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA.
- Elizabeth H. Sinz is Professor of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Neurosurgery, and Director, Penn State Hershey Clinical Simulation Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA.
Patients with tracheotomies are managed by a wide variety of healthcare professionals. As a result, information regarding best practice is scattered throughout the medical literature and can be difficult to identify and implement in the clinical setting. Tracheotomy Management: A Multidisciplinary Approach is a practical review of all tracheotomy procedures and acute and chronic tracheotomy care. It combines evidence-based practice and expert opinion to create an invaluable hands-on guide for any healthcare provider managing patients with tracheotomies. Each chapter is authored by at least two different subspecialists, contains case studies with real-life examples of problematic clinical scenarios, and is enhanced by high quality images. The rationale for different approaches is discussed to guide the decision-making process. Written and edited by tracheotomy experts from a wide variety of disciplines, Tracheotomy Management: A Multidisciplinary Approach is essential reading for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists and critical care and emergency physicians.
- A clinically-oriented reference which addresses difficult issues; appropriate timing of an elective tracheostomy, key management differences, and patient advice
- Written and edited by experts from a wide variety of disciplines and subspecialties
- Algorithms and colour photographs enhance the text throughout, illustrating the issues and interventions discussed
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!