- Conor P. Delaney, MD, MCh, PhD, The Jeffrey L. Ponsk.y Professor of Surgical Education, Chief, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Vice· Chair, Department of Surgery, Director, CWR.U Center for Skills and Simulation, Surgical Director, UH Digestive Health Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Justin K. Lawrence, MBBS, B.Sc., MRCS, Registrar, General Surgery, Southend University Hospital, Essex, United Kingdom
- Deborah S. Keller, MS, MD, Research Fellow, Division of Colorectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Bradley J. Champagne, MD, Program Director, Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Associate Professor, Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Anthony J. Senagore, MD, MS, MBA, Chair, Surgical Disciplines, Central Michigan University School of Medicine, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
The Second Edition of Operative Techniques in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery is designed to give surgeons the learning tools they need to understand and successfully incorporate laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice.
Because of the steep learning curve for this technique, this edition goes to great lengths to cover every aspect of each procedure in great detail — even including the pitfalls to avoid. To help the reader with pattern-recognition, detailed, four-color photographs of important landmarks have been incorporated for them to review. Plus, an edited video is included to provide clear, step-by-step instruction of each procedure.
Surgeons need appropriate training before incorporating laparoscopic colorectal surgery into their practice. This book will be a useful resource for residents, fellows in training, and surgeons who are either attending courses in laparoscopic colorectal surgery or are at an early stage of integrating this technique into their practice.
• Chapters contain a detailed textual description of proceduralsteps and common pitfalls
• Includes sections on management of intraoperative complications and other useful tips
• All new major operative videos
• Includes an expanded list of colorectal procedures
• New chapters include Mobilization of the Mesorectum, Handsewn Coloanal Anastomosis, Robotic Single-port Right Colonectomy, Single Port Total Colectomy with End Ileostomy, Robotic Low Anterior Resection
NEW to the Second Edition…
• All new major operative videos highlight relevant anatomy and provide indispensable visual guidance for each procedure.
• Expanded list of colorectal procedures broadens therapeutic options.
• New chapters address Mobilization of the Mesorectum, Handsewn Coloanal Anastomosis, Robotic Single-port Right Colonectomy, Single Port Total Colectomy with End Ileostomy, Robotic Low Anterior Resection
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!