- Alexander R. Vaccaro, MD, PhD, Professor, Departments of Orthopaedics and Neurosurgery, The Rothman Institute at Jefferson, Division of Orthopaedics, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Michael G. Fehlings, MD, PhD, FRCSC, Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine, Division of Neurosurgery, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Canada
- Marcel F. Dvorak, MD, FRCSC, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Head, Spine Program, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Presents evidence-based spine trauma management in a concise, user-friendly format
Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel of spine and spinal cord trauma masters, this beautifully illustrated evidence-based textbook does more than provide multiple treatment options — it offers unique access to insights from recognized spine experts and a thoughtful yet practical review of the most relevant literature and clinical evidence available in the field today. Each chapter centers on pertinent questions and objective reviews of state-of-the-art procedures that guide readers from an evaluation of the evidence through practical recommendations they can easily apply to their own practices.
- Succinct outline format — easy to read and reference
- 138 detailed evidentiary tables appear throughout the text
- An innovative new classification system for spine trauma developed by The Spine Trauma Study Group, composed of 50 internationally recognized spine experts
- High-quality radiographs and full-color drawings and photographs complement the text
- Practical recommendations for the treatment of many common spinal injuries, including odontoid fractures, central cord injuries, and thoraco-lumbar flexion distraction injuries –in-depth information on everything from intensive care to rehabilitation
- An accompanying DVD contains 15 narrated videos — over one hour of footage — of actual procedures by the authors
Spine and Spinal Cord Trauma: Evidence-Based Management is an invaluable reference for orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, residents and fellows in those specialties, and allied health professionals who care for spine injury patients.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!