- Peter M Waters MD Chief of Clinical Orthopedic SurgeryDirector Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Program Children’s Hospital BostonJohn E. Hall Professor Orthopedic Surgery Harvard Medical SchoolBoston, MA
- Donald S Bae MD Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Children’s Hospital Boston Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Harvard Medical SchoolBoston, MA
Pediatric Hand and Upper Limb Surgery guides you to the present indications for intervention and care in upper limb pediatric disorders. The fifty chapters are subdivided into: Congenital, Neuromuscular, Trauma, Sports, Soft tissue and Microvascular, and Tumor. Each section stands alone but together provides a comprehensive and detailed description of all elements of evaluation and treatment of infants, children, and adolescents with maladies of the hand and upper limb.
Each chapter has a case presentation, series of clinical questions, and fundamentals on etiology and epidemiology, clinical evaluation, and surgical indications. In addition, each chapter details postoperative care, anticipated results, complications, case outcome, and includes a summary. There are technical tip highlights, unique situations and deeper insight into the conditions described in each subsection. The text is complemented with over 1,000 images and illustrations to assist in visualizing the specific surgical challenges you may face.
- All contributors are stars in their field
- Every chapter will have pearls and tips on how to do the surgery and avoid problems
- Practical step-by-step coverage of hand and upper extremity surgery in children
- Over 1,000 images and illustrations complement the text
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!