- Peter O. Newton, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California–San Diego, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, California
- Michael F. O’Brien, MD, Director of Research, Baylor Spine Center, Spinal Surgeon, Southwest Scoliosis Institute, Plano, Texas
- Harry L. Shufflebarger, MD, Director, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Miami Children’s Hospital, Miami, Florida
- Randal R. Betz, MD, Chief of Staff, Medical Director, Spinal Cord Injury Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Robert A. Dickson, Emeritus Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery/Consultant, Spine Surgeon, University of Leeds and Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
- Jürgen Harms, MD, Professor and Chief, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Klinikum Karlsbad–Langensteinbach, Karlsbad, Germany
Presents evidence-based information on idiopathic scoliosis treatment and outcomes
Based on over a decade of research and observation conducted by the members of theHarms Study Group and other spinal deformity experts from around the world, this must-have clinical reference provides focused coverage of the most current evaluation and treatment guidelines for idiopathic scoliosis. It draws on case studies to guide readers through specific surgical and nonoperative approaches to the multiple types of adolescent idiopathic spinal deformity, including practical information on the rationale for each approach, techniques, and results.
- In-depth information culled from vast clinical data of world-renowned experts in the HarmsStudy Group
- Curve assessment and treatment recommendations listed by curve type and pattern – Comprehensive discussion of pathogenesis and epidemiology, osteobiologics for spinal fusion, anesthesia for scoliosis surgery, surgical complications, and more
- Chapters on key treatment decisions, such as the selection of fusion levels, that teach readers how to critically address clinical questions
- More than 600 high-quality illustrations, including numerous full-color clinical photographs, detailed line drawings, and complementary high-resolution radiographs
This state-of-the-art text is ideal for orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and spine fellows, and is an invaluable companion for any practitioner involved in the surgical and nonsurgical care of patients with spinal deformity.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!