- Edward Doyle, Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
This handbook covers all aspects of modern paediatric anaesthesia; from common ENT and general surgical day case procedures through to specialist neonatal, neurosurgical, spinal and cardiac procedures restricted to paediatric centres. Paediatric Anaesthesia deals with individual surgical procedures on a case by case basis covering the whole care of a patient from preoperative assessment, through the provision of anaesthesia and pain relief, to postoperative care. There are also chapters on resuscitation, complications during anaesthesia, congenital syndromes and medical conditions which affect anaesthesia and sedation of children.
A concise source of knowledge and advice, this handbook provides rapid access to relevant material with sufficient detail and explanation to make it invaluable to a trainee new to the sub-specialty or any specialist practitioner working on paediatric anaesthesia.
- Contains up-to-date paediatric resuscitation guidelines
- Each chapter emphasises the practical aspects of anaesthetising children
- Covers a wide range of surgical specialties and procedures
- Includes information on pain relief and local anaesthetic techniques
- Allows the reader to assimilate important information quickly
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!