- Graeme McLeod, Consultant Anaesthetist and Clinical Reader in Anaesthesia, University Department of Anaesthetics, Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee, UK
- Colin McCartney, Staff Anesthesiologist and Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesia, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Tony Wildsmith, Emeritus Professor of Anaesthesia, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
The fourth edition of this highly successful textbook discusses the practical applications of the various methods of regional anaesthesia, including ultrasound, as well as giving an account of their theoretical aspects. The well-established author team use their experience to provide a practical and stimulating book which reflects everyday clinical activity, supplemented by high definition ultrasound images and schematic diagrams. The book will also discuss the place of regional anaesthesia in current medical practice, particularly with regard to pain processes, ultrasound imaging, and patient outcomes.
Regional anaesthesia is a rapidly expanding sub-speciality of anaesthesia: routine provision of long-lasting pain relief and the introduction of real-time ultrasound block has fuelled a demand for cadaver and ultrasound-based anatomy training courses. Thus, it is more important than ever to have a thorough grounding in this exciting subspecialty.
- The most up-to-date textbook on regional anaesthesia
- Discusses the place of regional anaesthesia in current medical practice, particularly with regard to pain processes, ultrasound imaging, and patient outcomes
- Provides trainees with the knowledge needed for clinical practice and to pass the Fellowship exams of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA), or the diploma of the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia (ESRA)
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!