- Kenneth D. Boffard BSc(Hons), FRCS, FRCPS FCS(SA), Professor & Clinical Head, Dept of Surgery, Johannesburg Hospital and University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Manual of Definitive Surgical Trauma Care is an essential manual for all trainee and qualified surgeons. It covers every aspect of surgical trauma care.
- Provides clear access to all necessary information, from theory of injury through to individual organ system injury and resources such as injury scoring
- Provides clear surgical guidance on how to deal with major trauma
- Updated to incorporate all recent developments including massive transfusion and current surgical techniques of exposure and repair
- Contains hints, tips and tricks, while highlighting the pitfalls that can occur when dealing with major trauma
A truly global perspective based on the IATSIC approved DSTC course, Manual of Definitive Surgical Trauma Care will give you the confi dence to focus on life-saving surgical techniques when faced with challenging and unfamiliar incidents of trauma. Written by the faculty who teach the DSTC Course, developed for the International Association for Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care (IATSIC), it is ideal for all surgeons who deal with major surgical trauma on an infrequent basis.
- Based on an internationally-run course that is widely respected and growing in popularity
- Provides clear access to all the necessary information, from theory of injury through to individual organ system injury and injury scoring
- Contains hints and highlights the pitfalls dealing with major trauma
- A truly global perspective and based on the IATSIC approved DSTC course
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!