- Prem Puri MS FRCS FRCS (ED) FACS FAAP (HON) Newman Clinical Research Professor, University College Dublin, Ireland; President, National Children’s Research Centre, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland; Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Beacon Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Newborn Surgery, Third Edition provides a comprehensive compendium of the pathophysiology, investigation and management of neonatal disorders.
Areas covered include in this new edition include:
- Preoperative assessment
- Postoperative management
- Ethical considerations in newborn surgery
- Head, neck, and chest surgery
- Esophagus and gastrointestinal tract surgery
- Liver and biliary tract surgery
- Anterior abdominal wall defects
- Spina bifida and hydrocephalus
- Genitourinary issues
- Long-term outcomes in newborn surgery
With its uniquely comprehensive coverage of neonatal surgical specialties, this book is the first stop for anyone looking to supplement their knowledge in this broad and increasingly disparate field, including pediatric surgeons, general surgeons with pediatric practice, neonatologists, pediatricians, and pediatric radiologists.
- Reflects a “who’s who” of international specialist contributors provides an unrivalled depth of knowledge
- Extensively illustrated throughout to convey key theories and practice
- Fully revised and up-to-date, all modern developments and advances in the field are covered
- New chapters covering topics such as sepsis, transplantation and the epidemiology of congenital malformations
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!