- Ramon Berguer, MD, PhD, Frankel Professor of Vascular Surgery and Professor of Engineering, Samuel and Jean Frankel Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
More than a procedural guide, the text represents a guide to decision-making—highlighting individual anatomy, patient screening, selection of procedure, surgical technique, avoidance of pitfalls, and management of potential complications.
- Patient-centered approach highlights patient outcomes in the choice of surgical options.
- Detailed descriptions of vascular anatomy, including anatomic variations, help tailor surgical approaches to each patient.
- Procedural information weighs the pros and cons of open surgery, such as carotid endarterectomy (CEA), versus carotid angioplasty and stents (CAS).
- Comparisons of open and intravascular procedures help readers make informed therapeutic choices for each patient.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!