- Keith Allman, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Andrew McIndoe, Consultant Anaesthetist and Senior Clinical Lecturer, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Iain Wilson, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, UK
The second edition of this essential handbook provides a practical, accessible guide to all emergency situations encountered during, and immediately following, anaesthesia. It covers the major specialties including cardiovascular medicine, respiratory medicine, obstetrics, and paediatrics, and each section begins with a clear table listing presentation, diagnosis, exclusions, immediate action, and follow up action. These subsections are then expanded upon in bullet format. Additional sections cover practical procedures such as how to insert a chest drain and how to administer inhaled drugs under anaesthesia, plus a concise drug formulary.
The book will provide consultant and trainee anaesthetists, operating department personnel and anaesthetic nurses with a useful source of information and guidance that can be carried in the pocket, handbag or briefcase.
- Presents invaluable advice gained from the personal experience of the senior author team
- Uses a series of four icons to distinguish clearly the degree of urgency in which the emergency must be treated
- Every topic starts on a new page to aid ease of use
- Places an emphasis on establishing the diagnosis while maintaining a high index of suspicion
New to this edition
- A complete new chapter on emergency department problems
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!