- Narain Moorjani, MB ChB, MRCS, MD, FRCS (C-Th), Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, UK, and Associate Lecturer at the University of Cambridge.
- Sunil K. Ohri, MD, FRCS (Eng, Ed & C-Th), FESC, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at University Hospital Southampton, UK, and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Southampton.
- Andrew S. Wechsler, MD, FACC, FAHA, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA, USA and editor emeritus of the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
The development of new techniques as well as the refinement of established procedures has led to great progress in cardiac surgery. Providing an ideal synopsis of the growth in this area, Cardiac Surgery: Recent Advances and Techniques systematically reviews all the new developments in cardiac surgery, from transcatheter aortic valve implantation to minimally invasive mitral valve surgery.
Recognised leaders and innovators throughout the world describe each technique and include up-to-date information regarding current trials relating to each new procedure. Each chapter contains images and drawings to illustrate the techniques and the book provides ample references to facilitate further study.
This volume is designed for anyone involved in the practice of cardiac surgery, from residents at all stages of their training programme to established cardiac surgeons. Cardiologists and cardiothoracic intensive care unit specialists will also find this book useful to better understand the management of patients undergoing these procedures.
All cardiac surgeons are required to keep up to date with current practice for recertification purposes. Cardiac Surgery: Recent Advances and Techniques is an essential reference for this purpose.
- Provides detailed coverage of all the new developments in the expanding specialty of cardiac surgery
- Discusses minimally invasive coronary artery bypass and mitral valve surgery
- Examines treatment for tricuspid valve disease
- Explores cellular cardiomyoplasty / stem cell therapy and valve sparing aortic root replacement
- Provides the latest on endovascular stent grafting of the thoracic aorta and arrhythmia surgery
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!