- Greg McLatchie, Consultant Surgeon, Hartlepool General Hospital, Hartlepool, UK
- Neil Borley, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Cheltenham General Hospital, Cheltenham, UK
- Joanna Chikwe, Associate Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, USA
This bestselling Oxford Handbook has been thoroughly revised for the new edition to include brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Common Surgical Procedures, as well as new presentations, illustrations, and new anatomy and emergency indexes to aid quick reference. It is an invaluable tool for junior surgical trainees, medical students, nursing, paramedical, and rehabilitation staff.
The handbook covers the assessment and preparation of the patient, anaesthesia and critical care, inflammation, wound healing and infection, and the key components of general surgical practice, as well as chapters on other surgical specialties, including plastic, paediatric, and orthopaedic surgery. There are step-by-step descriptions of common operative surgical techniques, practical hints and procedures, and information on signs, symptoms and rarities. Emergency presentations are clearly identified for rapid reference and investigations and management plans are set out in a clear and easy-to-follow way. Surgically relevant anatomy and physiology has been expanded for each area, quick reference symbols ensure the reader is guided to key facts, and there is an increased focus on evidence-based practice with key references throughout.
A cut above the rest, this is the essential guide to clinical surgery and the surgical specialities.
- Covers the key topics and presentations in clinical surgery that junior doctors and medical students need to know
- Clearly identifies emergency presentations for rapid reference
- Sets out investigations and management plans in a clear and easy to follow way
- Provides a step-by-step guide to common operative surgical techniques with practical hints and procedures
New to this edition
- Includes brand new chapters on Paediatric Orthopaedics and Surgical Procedures
- Features new anatomy revision boxes and illustrations throughout with an index for quick reference
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!