- David H. Chestnut, MD, Director of Medical Education Gundersen Lutheran Health System Professor of Anesthesiology Associate Dean for the Western Academic Campus University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Cynthia A Wong, MD, Associate Professor, Chief of Obstetrical Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Lawrence C Tsen, MD, Associate Professor of Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Bringham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Warwick D Ngan Kee, Associate Professor
- Yaakov Beilin, MD, Professor of Anesthesiology and Obstetrics, Gynecolory and Reproductive Science, Vice Chair for Quality, Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Jill Mhyre, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Director or Research, Obstetric Anesthesia, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan
From basic science to various anesthesia techniques to complications, the meticulously updated, fifth edition of Chestnut’s Obstetric Anesthesia: Principles and Practice, covers all you need to know about obstetric anesthesia. An editorial team of leading authorities presents the latest on anesthesia techniques for labor and delivery and medical disorders that occur during pregnancy. New chapters and rewritten versions of key chapters cover topics such as psychiatric disorders in the pregnant patient, neurologic disorders, and critical care of obstetric patients. With online access to the full text, it is an invaluable, comprehensive reference textbook for specialists in obstetric anesthesiology and obstetricians, as well as anesthesiology and obstetric residents. This book also serves as a clear, user-friendly guide for both anesthesiologists and obstetricians who are in clinical practice.
New to This Edition
- Stay current on the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and new chapters on topics such as patient safety and team approach, transthoracic echocardiography and noninvasive measurement of cardiac output in obstetric patients, psychiatric disorders during pregnancy, neurologic injuries, and more.
- Prevent and plan for potential complications associated with theadvancing age of pregnant women. An extensive, state-of-the art discussion of “critical care of obstetric patients” equips you to address any special considerations for this increasing segment.
- Know exactly how to proceed. An abundanceof tables and boxes illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Choose the best drugs available while adhering to the most recent guidelines for obstetric anesthesia.
- Emphasizes the treatment of the fetus and the mother as separate patients with distinct needs to ensure the application of modern principles of care.
- Delivers contributions from many leaders in the fields of obstetric anesthesia and maternal-fetal medicine from all over the world.
- Offers abundant figures, tables, and boxes that illustrate the step-by-step management of a full range of clinical scenarios.
- Presents key point summaries in each chapter for quick, convenient reference.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!