- A. Bobby Chhabra, MD, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA and
- Jonathan E. Isaacs, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
The Hand, Wrist, and Elbow—a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series—offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. A. Bobby Chhabra and Jonathan E. Isaacs present clear, evidence-based coverage detailing which technology and methodology is best for each patient. Access discussions of arthrodesis versus arthroplasty; implant options; salvage options; and more. View expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates—online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, component materials, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, and more.
- Explores alternatives to TJR in younger arthritic patients such as arthroscopy, arthrodesis, osteotomy, and resurfacing.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.