by C. Benjamin Ma, Brian Feeley
Basic Principles and Operative Management of the Rotator Cuff by Drs. C. Benjamin Ma and Brian Feeley is a unique and comprehensive book that covers arthroscopic, open techniques, and reconstructive options for treating rotator cuff tears
The first section focuses on an up-to-date understanding the basic principles of the rotator cuff—its anatomy, the basic science behind rotator cuff pathology, diagnosis, and imaging. This section references recent literature so that the reader understands the pathology of rotator cuff disease. The second section focuses on the different types of rotator cuff pathology, how to diagnose pathology accurately, and discusses different non operative and operative treatment options.
The operative sections will provide detailed state of the art techniques with clear photos and illustrations to take the surgeon through surgical procedures step-by-step. It is a comprehensive text on the operative management of rotator cuff pathology, including arthroscopic and open repairs, revision surgery, tendon transfers, and reverse shoulder arthroplasty. The book also describes “tricks and tips” to help the surgeon avoid common errors that are often encountered during the procedure. Different options for each type of rotator cuff problem will be presented. The final section will focus on complicated problems encountered in the shoulder.
· Anatomic structures, vascular and nerve supply, and the relevant surgical anatomy of the rotator cuff
· Biomechanics of the rotator cuff—how the rotator cuff works to raise and lower the shoulder and position the arm in space, and how these functions are lost in cuff tears
· Understanding the molecular mechanisms responsible for tendon and muscle degeneration
· How to evaluate imaging in order to accurately diagnose rotator cuff tear problems and to be well-prepared for the operating room
· Office and surgical management of common rotator cuff problems—divided into an introduction, diagnosis, non operative management, operative management, post operative management, and outcomes
· Treatment options for large and massive cuff tears
· Reconstructive options—replacements and muscle transfers
· Detailed step-by-step guide to allow surgeons to navigate through complicated procedures
Basic Principles and Operative Management of the Rotator Cuff offers a companion Web site featuring complete surgical videos to walk you through each detailed technique step-by-step.
In this constantly evolving field, Basic Principles and Operative Management of the Rotator Cuff will be a comprehensive reference for practicing orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine surgeons, shoulder and elbow specialists, and orthopedic surgery residents.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!