by Cameron Elias-Jones, Martin Perry
Crash Course – your effective every day study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each volume has been fine tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Especially written by junior doctors – those who understand what is essential for exam success – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert Faculty Advisers, the result is a series of books which exactly meets your needs and you know you can trust.
Musculoskeletal problems represent a significant and increasing challenge in primary and secondary care, linked to an aging population, the anticipated obesity epidemic and active sports participation. It is inevitable that all doctors will need to manage patients with orthopaedic and rheumatological problems. Musculoskeletal medicine is a rapidly changing field subject to much clinical and basic science research. This superb new edition provides clear and concise coverage of the diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system and the new understanding that underlies their pathologies and treatments.
- More than 250 artworks, tables, photographs and boxes present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by junior doctors for students – authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section – ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Fully updated self-assessment section – ideal for current examination practice!
- Includes useful ‘Learning Objectives’ at the start of each chapter.
- Pharmacological and disease management information updated in line with current best practice guidelines.
- Includes recent research findings.
- Discusses key aspects of patient communication – presented in easy ‘Communication’ boxes.
- Fully updated to include feedback from hundreds of students!
- Crash Course – the revision aid to get you the results you want!
- Crash Course is a complete revision guide designed specifically to save you time by providing everything you could be asked in the exam in one place!
- Each book in the series has been specially written either by senior medical students or junior doctors – carefully supervised by faculty advisors – to ensure that it exactly matches your needs by having been prepared by someone who has just been in the exam situation!
- Fully updated with improved layout, the first part of each volume covers a comprehensive series of common presentations while the second part addresses specific diseases and disorders. The third part of the book is given to a detailed exploration of the role of history, examination, and common investigations in the relevant speciality providing all of the facts you need to get things right! Additional new features also include learning objectives at the start of each chapter, improved hints and tips boxes, communication boxes and a completely revised self-assessment section tailored to current exam needs!
- Take the stress out of study with Crash Course – the easier way to achieve exam success!
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!