- Christopher Thomas, BMedsc, MBBS, FANZCA, Consultant Visiting Medical Officer (Anaesthesia), The Ipswich Hospital; Specialist Anaesthetist, St Andrews Ipswich Hospital & Ipswich Day Hospital; Clinical Senior Lecturer, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane
- Christopher Butler, MBBS FANZCA MPH & TM CertDHM PGDipEcho, Senior Staff Specialist, Department of Anaesthesia, The Townsville Hospital; Clinical Senior Lecturer, School fo Medicine, James Cook University, Townsville.
The updated guide to the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists final fellowship examination
The format of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) final examination has evolved in recent years. This updated exam guide keeps pace with these developments and assists anaesthetic trainees in preparation for the exam.
Examination Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive study guide that focuses solely on the anaesthetic exam, eliminating confusion between this and the intensive care exams.
This invaluable medical text itemises all requirements of the Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) training scheme.
Components of the final examination are also detailed, including a breakdown of the marking scheme and recent results.
Helpful resources outlined in Examination Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition include new developments on the ANZCA website, textbooks, journals and exam courses along with a broad list of anaesthesia reference and review articles.
Trainees will also benefit from separate chapters based on the major components of the written and clinical ANZCA examinations, plus practical strategies for restructuring life around exam preparation.
New to This Edition
- details of the new examination format, including altered component weighting, spatial and temporal separation of medical and anaesthesia vivas
- upgraded information on ANZCA exam preparation courses
- an expanded chapter on approaching the exam’s written components
- expansion of the medical viva chapter to include 21 case examples with increased representation of cardiovascular, endocrine and neurological conditions
- dissection of recent exams, listing short answer and viva questions under relevant topic headings to assist study
- a rewritten data interpretation section with a focus on anaesthetic practice – many new radiographs, electrocardiographs and other tabulated data, including echocardiography, arterial blood gas analysis, coagulation studies and sleep studies
- a completely updated reference and review article section
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!