by Mark S. Weiss, Lee Fleisher
The demand for anesthesiologists outside of the operating room continues to grow as the number of minimally invasive procedures proliferates and the complexity of diagnostic procedures undertaken outside of the OR increase. Non-Operating Room Anesthesia is an easy-to-access, highly visual reference that facilitates an in-depth understanding of NORA procedures and protocols needed to minimize risk and complications and to maximize growth opportunities.
- Effectively assess and manage risks and differences in procedures through in-depth discussions addressing the unique challenges and issues associated with non-traditional settings.
- Review the most recent knowledgewith updated coverage ofthe use of the electrophysiology lab (EPL) and cardiac catheterization laboratory (CCL) in the care of the critically ill patient; patient assessment; and anesthetic considerations.
- Prepare for varying anesthetic conditions in non-OR settings with in-depth discussions on communication, management, and laboratory preparation for anticipated concerns or complications.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about NORA with coverage that surpasses the depth and scope of review articles and other references.
- Focus on the practical guidance you need thanks to a user-friendly color-coded format, key points boxes, drug descriptions, checklist boxes (for monitors, equipment, and drugs), and over 400 color photos that help you visualize each procedure and setting.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at Expert Consult!
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!