- Peter F Lawrence MD, Bergman Professor and Chief of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Richard M Bell MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
- Merril T Dayton MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- James C Hebert MD FACS, Albert G Mackay and H. Gordon Page Professor of Surgery<BR>Department of Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care<BR>Burlington, VT
For nearly 25 years, medical students and faculty alike have chosen Essentials of General Surgery and its companion textbook,Essentials of Surgical Specialties, for authoritative coverage of surgical information that every physician in training should know. The Fifth Edition incorporates current research from the field; new sample questions, answers, and rationales; and new tables and algorithms. A new art program presents concepts and images—including an Appendix with 50 burn images—in full color for optimal learning and retention.
Why is this textbook so popular?
– With its overview of anatomy, physiology, and coverage of pertinent complications for each case, the text prepares students for the NBME shelf exam for surgery, as well as residency training.
– The authors—all of whom are practicing surgeons—carefully manage the depth and breadth of content so that each section can be reasonably read and thoroughly understood by third- and fourth-year students.
– Organized by systems, the text features a closing section on surgical procedures to orient students to some of the most common cases seen on a general surgery rotation.
With your purchase of the text, you’ll receive access to:
- Interactive question bank with answer explanations
- Fully searchable eBook
- Bonus chapters on ethics and surgical procedures
- Image Bank
- updated 4-color art program with 50+ new figures to support visual learning
- more tables, algorithms, and charts help increase self-assessment
- companion website with resources for students and faculty
- format adheres to ASE guidelines and also places a greater emphasis on patient management
- new 4-color appendix of burn photos
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!