- Stephen R. T. Evans, MD, FACS, Professor and Chair, Department of Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
This book provides a unique visual and comprehensive approach to intra-operative technical errors and covers identification, consequences, repair and prevention of those errors. Detailed analyses of all reported complications for more than 80 major operations help you minimize the risk of errors in surgical procedures ranging from general, thoracic, vascular, and pediatric…to colorectal, endocrine, breast and trauma. A practical approach provides you with the essential guidance you need to make the best clinical decisions.
- Offers in-depth guidance on the prevention, management, and consequences of complications and pitfalls that occur before, during, and after surgery—all in one convenient resource.
- Organizes sections according to area of surgery for fast reference.
- Features a templated outline for specific procedures, allowing you to quickly review the associated pitfalls.
- Presents over 800 illustrations—including full-color intraoperative and postoperative photos—which enable you to follow the progression of a surgery and watch out for “problem areas,” while color line drawings help you visualize complex procedures.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!