- Andrew T. Raftery, BSc, MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(Ed), Formerly Consultant Surgeon, Sheffield Kidney Institute, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield; Member (formerly Chairman), Court of Examiners, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Member of Panel of Examiners, Intercollegiate Specialty Board in General Surgery; Formerly Member of Council, Royal College of Surgeons of England; Formerly Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Sheffield, UK.;
- Michael S. Delbridge, MBChB(Hons), MRCS(Eng), FRCS, Specialist Registrar in Surgery, Yorkshire and Humberside Deanery
- Marcus J. D. Wagstaff, BSc(Hons) PhD MBBS MRCS(Eng) FRCS(Plast) , Specialist Registrar in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, East Midlands Deanery
The Fourth Edition of this highly-praised pocketbook provides a concise and didactic account of the essential features of the more common surgical disorders, at both a size and price to suit the pocket. The book covers basic principles, as well as providing essential information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, including pre-operative and postoperative care. The text covers the field of general surgery but also covers the basic needs of the undergraduate as far as the surgical specialities are concerned. The book helps you with the essentials of history-taking, what physical signs to elicit, the differential diagnosis, what investigations to order and how to treat the patient. The text is illustrated with line drawings and imaging.
New to This Edition
The thoroughly updated text for this new edition includes new sections on practical procedures, ENT, gynaecology, audit, evidence-based medicine, clinical governance and medicolegal issues.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of general surgery, as well as an outline of the essentials of the surgical specialties.
- Identifies the basic principles together with key information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, as well as pre- and post-operative care.
- Includes an overview of history-taking, relevant physical signs, differential diagnosis, investigations and practical treatment.
- Checklist of emergency situations for quick reference
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!