- O. James Garden, BSc FRCS(Glasg) FRCS(Ed), Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery, Clinical and Surgical Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK;
- Andrew W. Bradbury, BSc MB ChB MD MBA FRCS(Ed), Head of Surgery and Professor of Vascular Surgery, University of Birmingham; Consultant Vascular Surgeon and Director of Research and Development, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust Office, Birmingham, UK;
- John L. R. Forsythe, MD FRCS (Edin) FRCS(Eng), Consultant Transplant Surgeon, Transplant Unit, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK
- Rowan W Parks, MD FRCSI FRCS(Ed), Senior Lecturer in Clinical and Surgery Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh; Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK
Principles and Practice of Surgery is the surgical companion textbook to the international medical bestseller Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine. It is a comprehensive textbook for both the surgical student and trainee, guiding the reader through key core surgical topics which are encountered throughout an integrated medical curriculum as well as in subsequent clinical practice. Although sharing the same format and style as Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, this text is complete in itself, thus enabling the student to appreciate both the medical and surgical implications of diseases encountered in surgical wards.
New to This Edition
- The contents have been restructured into three sections – Principles of Perioperative care, Gastrointestinal Surgery, and Surgical Specialties.
- Two new chapters have rationalised and amalgamated information on the Metabolic response to injury and Ethics and pre-operative considerations to avoid repetition.
- Throughout the text has been altered to reflect changes in understanding, evidence and practice, and to keep the contents in line with undergraduate and postgraduate surgical curricula
- A substantial number of new illustrations have been added to give better consistency and improved image quality.
- The evidence-based revision boxes that focus on major international guidelines have been thoroughly updated.
- A three-section textbook of surgical principles and regional clinical surgery.
- Superbly presented with line drawings, high quality radiographic images and colour photographs.
- Presented in similar form to its sister textbook Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
- Full online text version as part of Student Consult
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!