by Bruce D. Browner, Jesse B. Jupiter, Christian Krettek, Paul A Anderson
Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a “who’s who” of orthopaedic trauma experts. The updated edition of Skeletal Trauma: Basic Science, Management, and Reconstruction is dedicated to conveying today’s most comprehensive information on the basic science, diagnosis, and treatment of acute musculoskeletal injuries and post-traumatic reconstructive problems. You’ll be equipped with all of the knowledge needed to manage any type of traumatic injury in adults.
- Confidently approach every form of traumatic injury with current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options, and associated complications.
- Access critical information concerning mass casualty incidents and war injuries. Sixteen active-duty military surgeons and physicians from various branches of the U.S. Military have collaborated with civilian authors to address injuries caused by road traffic, armed conflicts, civil wars, and insurgencies throughout the world.
- Learn from many brand-new chapters including Principles of Internal Fixation; Gunshot Wounds and Blast Injuries; New Concepts in Management of Thoracolumbar Fractures; Surgical Treatment of Acetabular Fractures; Diaphyseal Fractures of the Forearm; Fractures of the Distal Femur; Tibial Plateau Fractures; and Amputations in Trauma.
- Take advantage of guidance from expert editors, two brand new to this edition, and a host of new authors who provide fresh insights on current trends and approaches in the specialty.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with a fully updated art program that features full-color intraoperative images and crisp, new figures.
- Handle the most challenging cases of latent or post-operative nonunions, malunions, and more with extensive coverage of post-traumatic reconstruction.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, references, and videos from the book on a variety of devices.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!