by Ronald W. Busuttil, Goran B. Klintmalm
Drs. Busuttil and Klintmalmpresent Transplantation of the Liver, 3rd Edition, which has been thoroughly revised to offer you the latest protocols, surgical approaches, and techniques used in this challenging procedure. Encompassing today’s expert knowledge in the field, this medical reference book is an ideal single source for authoritative, up-to-date guidance on every imaginable aspect of liver transplantation.
- Access valuable pearls, pitfalls, and insights from Dr. Ronald Busuttil and Dr. Goran Klintmalm, two of the world’s preeminent experts in liver surgery.
- Understand today’s full range of transplantation techniques with complete step-by-step descriptions of each, and access the background information and management options for each hepatic disease entity.
- Take advantage of detailed discussions of everything from pathophysiology and patient and donor selection, to transplantation anesthesia and operative procedures; immunosuppression; postoperative care; and ethical issues.
- Overcome your toughest challenges in liver transplantation. Many new and thoroughly revised chapters include: Deceased Organ Donation after Cardiac and Brain Death; Liver Transplantation for Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis; Extended Criteria Donors; Best Techniques for Biliary and Vascular Reconstruction in Living Donor Transplantation; Small for Size Syndrome; Dual Grafts for Transplantation; Arterial Reconstructions-Pitfalls; Transition of Pediatric Patients to Adulthood; Immunosuppressive Biologic Agents; Long Term Toxicity of Immunosuppressive Therapy; Stem Cell and Liver Regeneration; and Extracorporeal Perfusion for Resuscitation of Marginal Grafts.
- Stay current in your field and optimize patient outcomes with coverage of the most recent advances in living donor transplantation, pediatric transplantation, and gene and stem cell therapy.
- Access the latest information on anti-rejection/immunosuppressive drugs, as well as comprehensive discussions of each drug or combination of drugs used to suppress immune system.
- Effortlessly search the entire text online at Expert Consult.
With 104 additional contributing experts